Are you a recognized expert in the IS field? Are you looking for the next big challenge? Then, Touchtunes is the right place for you. We are looking for a Linux system administrator with at least 5 years of experience. The ideal candidate is naturally curious and always seeking to connect business needs with technology solutions. You will be responsible for finding innovative ways to further optimize our infrastructure services for both production and internal IT. Our infrastructure is composed mainly of Linux systems running Oracle, apache, Tomcat, MySQL and many in-house developed applications. If you believe you are the right person to join our dynamic team, we would love to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as a senior resource assisting internal teams in delivering outstanding Information Systems and infrastructure solutions.
• Perform and supervise day to day operations on various systems and applications
• Perform and supervise maintenance operations (week and week-ends)
• Support the infrastructure outside of business hours (oncall)
• Participate in design and architecture of all IS systems
• Prepare proposals and designs present them to the upper management when required.
• Improve and optimize overall network performance
• Maintain adequate security on all environments
• Manage Linux servers (including routers and firewall (BGP, IPTables, IPSec))
• Improve and optimize servers and application performances
• Manage MySQL and Oracle Database servers
• Manage HTTP (Apache, Tomcat) and FTP servers
• Act as a senior resource on the team and insure proper problem follow up and leadership on larger projects
• Take on the role of a project manager when needed and insure deadlines are met.
• Document all aspects of work done.
• Maintain appropriate communication with all customers
Skills / Attributes Required
• Being dynamic, autonomous, a team player and having a strong communication skill is a must
• Thorough knowledge of Linux Kernel and the Redhat distribution is a must
• Thorough knowledge of Perl or other scripting language is a must
• Bilingual (French and English) is a must
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills is a must
• Knowledge of Oracle databases is an asset
• Knowledge of MySQL performance and availability tuning is an asset
• Knowledge of Microsoft application administration is an asset
• Knowledge of Cisco IOS and hardware is an asset
• Knowledge of project management is an asset
If you are interested in this great opportunity and if you would like to be part of a dynamic team, please send your resume to the Human Resources Department:
TouchTunes Corporation is one of the largest out-of-home interactive digital entertainment networks, providing innovative solutions to more than 45,000 bars, restaurants, retailers and other businesses in North America. TouchTunes introduced the world’s first digital downloading, pay-per-play commercial jukebox in 1998 and now plays approximately 700 million songs annually. TouchTunes also recently began to offer Barfly, a proprietary interactive television network consisting of a screen within a television screen designed to provide unique content, programming and social networking opportunities within its technologically advanced digital system. TouchTunes is currently a privately held U.S. corporation with offices in New York City, Arlington Heights, Illinois and Montreal, Quebec, Canada. For further information on TouchTunes, please visit www.touchtunes.com.