Reply to comment
Good Day all,
Glad to have found this forum.
I wanted to take this opportunity to present a contract role to your community.
One of our clients, a major Canadian Broadcasting company, is presently seeking a long term contract Linux Administrator.
Role: Linux Admin
Duration: 6 months + extension(ongoing)
Expected Deliverables: Implementation, deployment and migration of hardware and software, as well as participation in achieving the deliverables within the Disaster Recovery Project. Migration
Specific to the position:
• Linux: Work within the system admin support team of the client's website infrastructure. Current major project include the migration of the existing SUSE Linux servers to RHEL V5 and the implementation of Interwoven content management system
Type of Service:
For all positions:
• The job will report to the data center manager in the respective city for support and/or project work relating to the infrastructure of client's computing facilities.
Service Requirements – Qualifications:
Minimum 10 years experience with hardware architecture and setup:
i) Virtualization storage
-Minimum 10 years IT experience.
-Experience and multiple years architecting and designing infrastructure and operational support processes.
-Experience in large-scale infrastructure design and deployment projects.
-Technical certification desirable.
Service Requirements – Project Deliverables:
• Design and document the hardware architecture required.
• Document the architecture for multiple environments including development, QA, and production.
• Environment blueprint Documentation.
• Explain the proposed architecture to the I.T. Architecture group, Identity Management team, and other Application development teams.
• Resolution of configuration issues including Dev. environment setup.
• Document the Infrastructure architecture environment and procedures to insure the infrastructure remains cost effective, efficient, and of high quality.
• Serve as the infrastructure architect technical lead in the assessment, analysis, and design phases of the IT related projects.
• Assist in insuring that the infrastructure aligns with the overall enterprise architecture goals.
• Experience with setup of high availability and throughput configuration for .NET is essential
• Experience with setup of environment to handle both internal (behind firewall) use and external use for remote users needing.
• Provide technical expertise to peers and associates on the overall infrastructure architecture as it relates to the IT and business strategies.
• Work with the other IT groups and maintain an infrastructure roadmap that provides reduced overall complexity and increased cost efficiency.
• Provide leadership and direction through technical subject matter expertise.
• Assist in development and maintenance of Infrastructure strategies that result in efficient and effective use of their Infrastructure information technology products and services.
• Coach and mentor peers and associates in the area of Infrastructure architecture.
• Maintain expertise in the area of architecture, including industry trends, strategies, and products to ensure that assets are effectively and efficiently utilized.
• Provide technical IT expertise to, and assist in, the selection of new hardware and software platforms that assists in attaining the enterprise architecture goals.
Sr. IT Recruiter
Tundra Technical Solutions
1 Eglinton Avenue East
Toronto, ON M4P 3A1 Canada
Work: 416-915-7878 x111
- Were you bale to find soemthing ?
1 year 39 weeks ago
- dial-up? you're screwed!
1 year 41 weeks ago
- Projet : Sécurisation d’une infrastructure RHEL
3 years 6 weeks ago
- try installing windows xp
3 years 8 weeks ago
- learning it
3 years 11 weeks ago
- You may be able to find some
3 years 13 weeks ago
I'll be visiting my
3 years 17 weeks ago
- Linux seminar
3 years 17 weeks ago
- CLP 11
3 years 18 weeks ago
- you can go to exit certified
3 years 22 weeks ago